Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:40:58 -0300 (GMT)
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@ns1.sminter.com.ar>
To:        igor@physics.uiuc.edu (Igor Roshchin)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wu-ftpd: is there a vulnerability ? (was: Re: limit ftp users to their homedir)

En un mensaje anterior, Igor Roshchin escribió:

> Time to time somebody mentions that the current version of the wu-ftpd
> is vulnerable (e.g. see below).
[...]
> Also, as it was explained earlier (sorry, I don't remember who it was,
> probably Satoshi Asami ?) wu-ftpd on FreeBSD was not vulnerable
> to the most recent (realpath function) vulnerability due to
> specifics of FreeBSD's implementation of the realpath function.

Sorry, I didn't want to bring confusion. I maintain a network with
various Unices so I preferred to change to the VR version on the FreeBSD
machines also just to have the same software in all the servers. I
really did not pay attention to the FreeBSD especific issue.

Regards.

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Administración de la red
VIA Net Works Argentina SA