Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:45:10 +0100 (BST)
From:      Sai Vinob <saivinob@yahoo.com>
To:        Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
Cc:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Long msg: Unable to enable audio in FreeBSD 6.2 - Chipset VT8233A

--- Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se> wrote:
> That chipset is not a VT8233A. It is a Via VT8237A.
> The snd_hda(4) driver should work for that chip.

Oops... You are right! I counter-checked with Asus site-the chipset is
not VT8233A but VT8237A.

> (In case someone wonders:  No, the VT8237 and the VT8237A are
> not the same chip.  The most obvious is which audio driver is needed
> (snd_via8233
> vs snd_hda))

Probably that's why 'kldload snd_via8233' was not working. But then

> I don't think that driver was included in 6.2-RELEASE, so you might
> have
> to upgrade to the latest -STABLE if you have not already done so,

Now, you need to help me with 'how to' here. I dont know how to do this
job. Only two days back I did 'cvsup'. Is that what you are talking
about? If not kindly guide me.

--Sai Vinob

      Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php