Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 12:03:21 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Bret Ford <bford@uop.cs.uop.edu>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCO offers Ancient Unix Source Code License

On Mon, May 18, 1998 at 12:20:20AM -0400, Dan Janowski wrote:

> I used to work on old SGI 3130's and when those
> geometry engines were really working, you could hear
> some very high pitched harmonic sounds eminating
> from the box, seemingly right from the chips,
> although this was difficult to confirm.
>
> Where did the days of lights and sounds go?

They did go here.  My computer (well, DPT controller) plays a small
tune and flashes a bunch of LEDs when I turn it on, and has a 'snake
running back and forth' along a row of LEDs when it's happy :-)

Eivind, who is just glad that nobody play 'God Save The Queen' on his
harddrives (as some virii used to do on his floppy...)