Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:09:43 +0100
From:      "Mark Hughes" <mh_lists@digitalspy.co.uk>
To:        "User Nick" <nick@eclipse.psychz.net>, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 4.5-RELEASE to -STABLE

> umm dude its not a issue with how im trying to mount it.. mount -t cd9660
/dev/acd0c /cdrom my cdrom is acd0 ... its something wierd cause the mouse
dosnt work either.. and my shits in /etc/fstab correct as well as rc.conf it
contains moused_enable="YES" etc. The problem is when i cvsup from
4.5-RELEASE to 4.6-STABLE something is fucking up and its fucking my mouse
and cdrom not letting me be able to mount it ... go ask the other
freebsd.org guys maybe they have heard of this happening before ... please.
> Thanks alot Nick

No need to be rude. It sounds to me like you're only upgrading the kernel,
not the userland as well. Follow the instructions in the handbook for
upgrading the OS - else you'll end up with an unsynchronised kernel and
userland, which is a Bad Thing....

See
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html -
you need to make the world, not just the kernel, after cvsup-ing your source
tree.

HTH,
Mark