Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:01:13 +0100 (CET)
From:      Dan Larsson <dl@tyfon.net>
To:        "Konstantin V. Semenov" <jhvhs@promavto.ru>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What could be doing this?

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Konstantin V. Semenov wrote:

| Possibly it's a stupid question, but can somebody
| explain me why my box is constantly trying to connect
| to [some.random.IP.address]:113?

% grep '113/tcp' /etc/services
auth            113/tcp    ident tap    #Authentication Service

If your box is also running as a mailserver it might
be because sendmail is checking the identity of the connecting
client.

Regards
+------
Dan Larsson  -+- Tyfon Svenska AB -+-  DL1999-RIPE
2AA5 90AE 5185 5924 1E0B  1A99 EC8A EA84 406B 06B9