Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:39:05 +0000
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Practical distributed apps for BSD?

I'm looking for some examples of distributed apps (remote components, RPC,
and so on) on FreeBSD.  I know they are used a lot in ecommerce and for
grid computing, but I have been intrigued be the .Net concept of software
components all over the net and clients that can use them.  Other than
simple Java applets that call home for data, are there any other examples of
useful apps on FreeBSD that can use remote components in an interesting way
to improve the useability of a program?

NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.