Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 14:11:16 -0500
From:      Grum Ketema <grum@trumpet.MIT.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Modem not Talking

Hello Sir

I just loaded FreeBSD 2.2.2(From Walnut Creek distribution CD) on my PC.
I have to hard disk drives. FreeBSD is on the second drive with Linux. I have
Windows 95 on the first drive. The system boots and is okay. The problem I
am running into is FreeBSD does not read the port my modem is located on.

I read the following configuration Info from Windows 95

COM1 I/O 03F8 - 03FF IRQ 4  not Used
COM2 I/O 02F8 - 02FF IRQ 3  Serial mouse
COM3 I/O 03E8 - 03EF IRQ 12 Modem

I use the same configuration in FreeBSD. It gets COM1 and COM2 correctly
and fails to get COM3.

I get sio2 not found at 03E8. I suspect it is the IRQ setting. What
should I do. Please Help

I thank you for your time
With Best regards
Grum