Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 01:36:31 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com, Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@caspian.plutotech.com>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, anderson@cs.duke.edu
Subject:   Re: data corruption when using aic7890

On Sep 15,  1:21am, Matthew Jacob wrote:
}
} > I wonder if it might be botching PCI MWI transactions.  Is there a way
} > to get this beast to just use plain PCI Memory Write transactions (with
} > the obvious performance penalty)?
}
} Umm- can't you clear the INVAL bit in the PCI command register? See
} ahc_pci_attach where it enables BUS mastering..

Yeah, I forgot that this was a standard bit in the PCI command register.
According to the PCI spec it should already default to being off after
reset (unless the BIOS is enabling it).  It looks like the driver
currently doesn't touch it.

It would be an interesting experiment to see what this bit is set to
and to turn it off it is on.  Maybe this can even be done from the BIOS
setup ...