Date:      Thu, 03 Dec 1998 18:17:59 +1100
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to catch all the /etc/pam.conf type mistakes

I've just cvsup'd from the 3.0 CDs and been bit by the pam.conf thang (that was
handily explained by John Polk's message in the mailing list archives - I'm new
to -current and not long on this list, despite having run Stable and followed
the -stable list since 2.2.6).

2 Questions:

 - How can I easily tell what time my sources were cvsup'd to [apart from
redirecting stderr and using the error file as a timestamp?]

 - How can I find a list of all the things (such as pam.conf) that I need to
fix that installworld doesn't notice?  Is there some equivalent of the ERRATA
file for tracking -current?

I caught this one because missing pam.conf causes vocal and common error
messages, and I found the email because I searched for pam.conf.  What I am a
little worried about is there may be other similar things I need to manually
fix but I just haven't noticed them yet...

Greg.