Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 1999 17:55:04 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Arthur H. Johnson II" <arthur@tucows.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound card problems with -current.

On Fri, 03 Sep 1999 11:27:55 -0400, "Arthur H. Johnson II" wrote:

> Well, I got rid of the old Voxware drivers and went with the pnp drivers
> and still nothing.  Here is the dmesg:

What does "still nothing" mean? I can't see anything in your e-mail
message which indicates what you're doing to test the sound and what you
see in the way of error messages.

I do see this:

> pcm0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13> at port 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 5 flags 0x15
> on isa0

That makes it look like your card's available. Are you sure you've
created the appropriate devices and symlinks as follows:

	cd /dev
	./MAKEDEV snd0

The pcm(4) manpage says snd1, but if your card's detected as pcm0, then
that obviously doesn't apply.

Ciao,
Sheldon.