Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:13:43 -0700
From:      Chad Perrin <code@apotheon.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 01:44:57AM -0800, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:

> >From: "Thomas Mueller"
> >
> >There are many messages on this thread, and I don't know which or
> >what to quote, but I agree on send-pr being user-unfriendly.
>
> I disagree.
> I use only send-pr to send PRs.
> I use sendmail.

I disagree with you.  For new users, send-pr is a fucking usability
train wreck, and insufficiently well documented.  Sendmail is legendary
for its obtuse configuration.  I suppose you should be proud of the fact
you find these tools easy to use, but that does not mean you should
dismiss others' concerns over how difficult some people find them.  The
fact many people find these tools very difficult to use is in fact kind
of a big problem, and I'm glad something is being done about it with
regard to the bugzilla system.  I wouldn't have chosen bugzilla if it
was up to me, but it's not up to me and it's sure to be a huge
improvement over the system currently in place, so I'm grateful for the
work being done.  Hopefully the command line send-pr tool will also be
replaced with something that actually provides a low-friction way for
people with problem reports to contribute to the FreeBSD project.

In conclusion, I agree with Thomas (though I much prefer fdm over mpop,
personally), and believe that send-pr (or its replacement, whenever that
happens) desperately needs some better documentation.  I rather suspect
that a lot of people with problems to report simply give up and leave us
with no clue there's anything wrong.