Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:11:11 +0300
From:      Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mother board compatibility and CF card usage as main storage device for small DNS server

Hi,

I'm planning on using FreeBSD 8.0 x64 RELEASE edition for a small
primary/secondary DNS server setup.

The system will run Bind9 and have some zone files and views for the few
people I host for.

I am considering using a dual Atom system board with 2GB RAM and for
storage was thinking of going for 16GB compact flash card instead of a
normal hard disk......

This is a bit radical for me as I have never used this kind of setup
before so I'm not sure how suited it will be???

These are the system boards:

http://www.commell.com.tw/product/SBC/LV-67E.HTM#

or

http://www.globalamericaninc.com/p2808245/2808245_-_Mini-ITX_Motherboard_with_the_choice_of_Embedded_Intel_Atom_D510,_D410_or_Fanless_N450_Processor/product_info.html

I mean for a DNS server (all be it a small one) is it wise to use
compact flash as storage??

Thanks and regards,

Kaya