Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 2003 11:36:02 +0300
From:      Yacenko Dmitry <yacenko@dmitry.ru>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org

Hello.
I have a problem installing FreeBSD/i386 4.7-RELEASE on IBM Server
xSeries345 with SCSI controller from LSI. In installation process was
appears message "disk not found". I think FreeBSD not have drivers for
this controller. However in Hardware Notes (from sysinstall) in part
about support disk controllers I look -
"LSI Logic Fusion/MP architecture Fiber Chanel controllers (mpt driver)
"       LSI FC909, FC929
"       LSI 53c1020, 53c1030"
Nowhere in the Internet (including freebsd.org) I doesn't find nothing about this problem.

Can some one please help me in finding some things for the above?

Thanks.

WBR. Dmitry.

1. Bios prompt is following -
    "LSI Logic Corporation MPT IM BIOS
             MPTBIOS-IM-5.02.06"

2. ASP Linux looking this controller as ioc0: 53c1030 and accessed to disks properly.

3. In the Generic kernel there is line about mpt, however mpt isn't in /modules.

--
Best regards,
 Yacenko                          mailto:yacenko@dmitry.ru