Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:47:10 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Khaled Daham <khaled@mailbox.telia.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   fatal kernel traps

Hi

Ive tried to build a kernel with a cvsupped world as of today(Apr 28)
But it drops into the debugger after doing scsi delay

sc0: VGA color <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x0>
Timecounter "alpha" frequency 531914893 Hz
Waiting 5 seconds for SCSI devices to settle

fatal kernel trap:

 trap entry = 0x2 (memory mangement fault)
 a0	= 0x120
 a1	= 0x1
 a2	= 0x0
 pc	= 0xfffffc000036490c
 ra	= 0xfffffc000036a948
 curproc = 0

ddbprinttrap from 0xffffffc000036490c
ddbprinttrap(0x120, 0x1, 0x0,0x2)
panic: trap
panic
Stopped at Debugger+0x2c: ldq ra,0(sp) <0xfffffc000052baf0>
<ra=0xfffffc000042f420,sp=0xfffffc000052baf0>

if I at the prompt step through to the next command it enables de0 (I hear
the click) another step and i get another panic.

if I wade through next , the second next hangs the machine (It also
enables de0 as I hear the click), sometimes it issues a halt so i get back
to SRM.

Ive tried 5 different kernel configs now , none of them was without de0
wich I assume might be causing this.

Any hints ?

btw what is the diff between next and step really , Ive never used the
kernel debugger before , though it has alot of resemblance to asm-one's
debugger I used on the amiga years ago :)

/Khaled, Telia Network Services

Mail:   khaled@telia.net
Cell:   070-6785492
Work:   08-4567281

:hacker: /n./  [originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe]