Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 20:07:46 +0800
From:      fuse <fuse@mail.zd.dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GIGA BXIIE motherboard not supported?

Hi, all

I just bought a new machine with GIGA BXIIe motherboard,
256M ram, and IBM 10.1G HD.

I failed in installing FreeBSD 3.2 stable when the
boot disk load the system and the blue screen appears,
saying:"Probing device, please wait....."
I wait for hours and no any more response.

Some previous release(2.2.6, 3.0, 3.1-RELEASE) I have tried
failed in the same way.

I once thought the IBM 10.1G HD cause this failure,
but another Quatumn Fireball 1.2G HD also failed.

Both CD-boot and Floppy boot failed.

I had tried Linux Redhat 6.0, via network install,
everything is ok.

I also tried NetBSD-1.4, and successed too.

So, should I change my motherboard to make FreeBSD work?
or, any comment?

Thanks for your help.

Geng Chen Ge.