Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 22:18:33 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        tcobb <tcobb@staff.circle.net>
Cc:        "'freebsd-current@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DPT driver fails and panics with Degraded Array

> Indeed. And that was the point of sending to freebsd-current.  I wanted
> anyone using the DPT driver and expecting it to perform appropriately in
> critical circumstances to know that it will not do so.  I perhaps should
> have sent the email to -hackers instead?  Or, maybe -scsi, like I did --
> it is a scsi driver problem I'm talking about.

The heads-up was fine.  Some indication that you were working with the
author to resolve the issue would have been somewhat more encouraging,
or at least that you had discussed the matter with same.

> Believe me, I understand the uncharted waters I've entered with my
> -current snapshot.  The DPT driver failure was the unexpected thing.

Gotcha.  I didn't get this impression from your previous postings.

Have you heard from Simon inre: the DPT issues?