Date:      02 May 1998 18:10:15 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        samuel <SAMIGWE@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what constitutes "UNCOOKED" mode

samuel <SAMIGWE@worldnet.att.net> writes:
> I have a simple question. In manipulating the termios structure I
> normally set various fields to 0 thereby allowing my program to handle
> input and output processing of read chars.

Did you watch the load on your machine while your program ran? If you
set all fields to 0, you put the terminal in raw, non-blocking mode,
which means you are busy-looping reading EOF. Very suboptimal. Use
cfmakeraw() instead (unfortunately, many widespread commercial Unices
lack it so it's not very portable)

--
Noone else has a .sig like this one.