Date:      Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:49:30 +0300
From:      Yar Tikhiy <yar@comp.chem.msu.su>
To:        "Andrey V. Semyonov" <wilfre@tcom.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding /usr/local/etc/rc.d to the base rcorder

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 10:35:27AM +0300, Andrey V. Semyonov wrote:
> I apologise for wrong PR-group that a PR was sended to, but it seems to
> be very strange that no attantion was made to it at all. And, I continue
> to suppose that the PR's way to `rcorder` scripts via localpkg is more
> simple (and works fine as I tested) that offered by Doug Barton.

I'm afraid that your approach is considerably less general than
Doug's.  The problem with your approach is that /usr/local/etc/rc.d
scripts can be rcorder'ed only relative to each other and no script
from /usr/local/etc/rc.d can be inserted into the main /etc/rc.d
sequence at an arbitrary position.  With Doug's approach, the latter
is possible with the obvious limitation of /usr/local mounted already.

I think that the problem you reported has been solved in CURRENT and
the PR state may be changed at least to "patched."

--
Yar