Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:25:55 -0600
From:      "Franklin Pierce" <franklin_pierce@operamail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: (?)

  ----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean O'Neill" <sean@seanoneill.info>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 09:34:25 -0600
To: Voicu Liviu <pacman@huji.ac.il>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject: Re:

> At 05:19 PM 12/9/2002 +0200, Voicu Liviu wrote:
> >On Monday 09 December 2002 17:15, Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:
> > > "pkg_info -r packagename",  e.g.:
> I don't know of a command that will do that but you can look in the
> Makefile of the port app you want to install to see what the dependencies
> are.  For instance, these are the dependencies for Mozilla.  From the list
,,,

make fetch-recursive-list is a VERY noisy way to do it without actually blunging any foo-backbacon-3.141592654_bc.tar.bz2 onto your /dev/ad0s1f or snarf(1)-ing too much of that 356kb DSL up downloading pkges you'll never actually want to add barring Sterling Haydem buying you shots of pure grain and distilled water.  I dunno, maybe a "make recursive list" would be an option without the ftp mirror list?  Maybe "make fetch-salary-list" will tell you what the maintainers are making, net of course, or we could break it out with "make hotel-rooms-plus-nicotine-and-soda-pop-and-natalie-portman-posters-with-gratuitous-cleaveage-recursive-want-for-christmas".  I'll test the beta.