Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:15:18 -0300
From:      "Daniel Sobral"<Daniel_Sobral@voga.com.br>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysinstall & rc.conf

Ok, ok, I know I should have reported this at the time, but I was busy, and
then I just forgot. But since someone
reported here a similar problem, I thought I should mention mine...

Some time ago I entered sysinstall to do some managing on the system. I
entered and left the program a few
times, not sure exactly what I did, though I try to be very careful not to
let the program do anything besides what
I explicitly told it to. Anyway, next time I booted, the network did not
work. After a some time, I discovered rc.conf
*empy*, and a backup of it *also* empty!

The sysinstall was not as current as my current, which was not that current
at all, anyway... :-) If anyone wants, I
can make update, compile a new sysinstall, and play a little with it. I
could even be talked into filing a send-pr...
:-)