Date:      Sun, 3 Apr 2011 16:19:34 -0700
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "mips@freebsd.org" <mips@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Toiling away on booting the new blades

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 15:07, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Andrew Duane wrote:
>> Since the MIPS bootinfo structure is already part of FreeBSD, is this co=
de in the startup path something you'd be interested in taking in?

> I think I'd be interested. =A0I think this is a decent path to explore, b=
ut would need to see code before committing :)

Indeed, I think it's worth committing probably, or perhaps committing
a modified version that does the same thing.  It's easy to imagine
that some people will eventually want to just use loader with U-Boot
on Octeon so that they can have hints, good UFS support, module

Also, Warner, if you touch octeon_machdep.c, could you please move the
app boot descriptor thing to a separate header file with the Cavium
license?  I believe I've touched all of the actual *source code*
there, but right now we're possibly violating the license (depending
on how big you believe a page is) which requires the license to be at
the top of the file.  So I think moving the license and struct to a
separate header would be sufficient (using the structure from the
current SDK would probably be even better?)

Juli.