Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:44:18 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
Cc:        Jerry Lei <tylei@hotmail.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: about gview

Gunnar Flygt wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 08:45:38AM -0800, Jerry Lei wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I try to launch gview, but I always get Vim.
>> I pkg_add gview again. But the problem is still there.
>
> what do you really mean. gview IS vim in a grphical window with menus
> and so on. So you should actually get vim when starting gview!!!

uh, no. Look at graphics/gview port:

gView is a modern image viewer for X Window System. It is based on GTK
and Imlib and supports most common image formats, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP,
PPM, XPM, PNG and whatever other image formats your Imlib is configured
to support.

Doesn't sound like Vim to me. This would seem to be a problem, if two
ports are fighting over the same file. I'm not sure what should be done
in that case. :-(

All I can think is delete /usr/local/bin/gview manually, then pkg_add
gview. Perhaps the gview port doesn't want to overwrite another port's
file (gview is a symlink in Vim, maybe that has something to do with it
too).  Jerry, does that work?

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D