Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 11:49:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        frank@exit.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:Why won't 3.0-current remember my config?

>>>>> "Frank" == Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com> writes:

 Frank> I've RTFM, I've UTSL, and from all I can tell, when I give the
 Frank> 'pnp 1 1 os...' command to userconfig during boot, later,
 Frank> during /etc/rc, dset should pick up that change and record it
 Frank> in /kernel.

I had the same problem, but in my case it is probably attributable to
the whacko hardware (pnpscan -v at boottime gives me nothing -- this
is an old compaq eisa machine)

 Frank> I'm trying to configure a soundcard.  The userconfig line I give is:

 >pnp 1 1 os enable port0 0x534 port2 0x220 port3 0xe0d irq0 10 drq0 1 drq1 6

Put your pnp config line above in a file (say /boot/pnp.config ) like:

USERCONFIG
pnp 1 1 os enable port0 0x534 port2 0x220 port3 0xe0d irq0 10 drq0 1 drq1 6
quit

and  in
/boot/boot.conf put in the line
   load -t userconfig_script /boot/pnp.config

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah                  | "Are those numbers measured values,
viren@rstcorp.com              |  or are you engaging in proctonumerology?"