Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 22:17:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   mbuf system and SMPng

  Hello folks,

  	Well, I'm presently ready to receive and act upon comments following
  review of SMPng-related changes to the mbuf system.

	I urge everybody to glance over at the following:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~bmilekic/mtx_journal

	and

	http://people.freebsd.org/~bmilekic/mbuf_mtx-v5.diff

	The latter is a ~40k diff to the mbuf system, mostly, that adds mutex
  locking, and generally cleans it up a bit. I realize that this
  description is not so clear, which is why I've - following Alfred
  Perlstein's suggestion - kept a log of changes/informal journal, and
  that's what the first link is.
  	If you're reviewing the code, please make sure to check out all of
  the entries.

  	As mentionned, I'm looking for feedback: technical, stylistic, etc.
  Please be advised that some of the stuff can probably use a little of
  a style makeover, and if you stumble upon such a thing, let me know and
  I'll adjust the diff once enough comments are gathered.

  	As I still don't have SMP hardware, I'm also looking for people with
  these resources to run this and provide me with comments/notes. I'm
  looking forward to getting a hold of some better equipment to test with.

  	If there's anything I missed, please let me know.

  Thanks,

  Bosko Milekic
  bmilekic@technokratis.com