Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:05:18 +0100
From:      simond@irrelevant.org
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RZ100 ATA Controller Problem - Possible Workaround??

On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 02:59:15PM +0100, Gallagher, Mick wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I recently wrote to this list with a mail under the subject "Big
> Installation Problems".
>
> Basically, so far as I understand, FreeBSD 4.0 won't install on my machine
> because of driver problems with the RZ100 ATA controller.

Must admit, you're not the only one with problems, my 4.0 install hangs
whenever it tried to fsck or newfs the partitions on install. This is
with the VIA MVP3 chipset.

> 3) Back to 3.4
>
> Is my only realistic course of action to install 3.4 (is it 3.4?) and forget
> 4.0 (for now)?

That's what I'll be doing and then sticking to 3.4-STABLE until I've found
that 4.0 actually works on my PC.

--
Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org