Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 08:07:40 -0800
From:      Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com>
To:        "Aaron D. Gifford" <agifford@infowest.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Troubles with a KNE100TX PCI NIC w/clone DEC 21143 chipset (Intel clone)

I've come across this exact problem a few times. At first I too
thought it was due to an unsupported chipset. It turned out (in about
5 different cases) that the card was bad. Apparently Kingston had a
bad run because I've seen quite a few bad ones, and the shop I
returned them to had a stack on the RMA shelf.

jon