Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 12:57:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Richard Arends <richard@unixguru.nl>
To:        "G.E. Rafe" <rafege@switchboard.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Q: FreeBSD and Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 ?

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, G.E. Rafe wrote:

> My search of the usual lists suggests that the Trident CyberBlade XP
> video device may be problematic, even with the most recent XFree86
> release (4.1.0), since most of the Linux references seem to indicate
> the need for a framebuffer device.

I've got it working with the vesa driver. When i connect my laptop to an
external monitor i don't have to load the vesa driver. Even with the vesa
i still works perfect. I don't see a real difference.

> Other observations (APM, USB, network, sound, modem) are appreciated.

APM working perfect
USB not tested
Network
	Wireless perfect
	Onboard fxp0 works good, but i have a strange problem. After a
	period of inactivity my laptop freezes up and my coworkers can't
	use the network anymore because my laptop sends thousands off
	ethernet frames per minute.
Sound perfect
Modem not tested

Greetings,

Richard.

----
An OS is like swiss cheese, the bigger it is, the more holes you get!