Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 95 13:51:27 PDT
From:      saeem@litton.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem adding SCSI drive

Hello;

I am trying to add a second SCSI drive to my system and have had problems.

Based on FAQ recommendation sysinstall allows me to define the partition and
label part but I can not commit because I am not installing a new system.

Also, I have followed section 3.6 of the FAQ on the www.FreeBSD.org and have
the same problem.

fdisk always returns

ioctl DIOCWLABEL: Operation not supported by device

and disklabel returns

write: No such file or directory
bsd001 /kernel: sd1: can not find label (no disk label)

If anyone has added drives before I will appreciate it if you can send me
the steps required for successful implementation.

Thanks;

Name: Majid Saee
E-mail: saeem@litton.com (Majid Saee)
Date: 08/12/95