Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:03:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Adolfo Pisa Menendez <adolfo@pentia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAN'T BOOT from LAPTOP

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Adolfo Pisa Menendez wrote:

> I have purchased a new LAPTOP  <TI Extensa 650CDT> to run FBSD.

I've installed on one of these, or one very similiar.

> When I try to boot from a floppy I get the message:
>
> crc error.
> System Halted!
>
> That happends after decompressing the kernel.

I've never seen that.  Did you use the 'fdimage' program on the floppy to
build the image and not 'rawrite'?  'fdimage' will make sure that the
image is written properly on Win95, where 'rawrite' will fail.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo