Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 22:56:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        Larry Librettez <lipshitz909@yahoo.com>
Cc:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who's got the cheapest 100-BT Ethernet NIC?

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Larry Librettez wrote:

:Yawn.  I've never had probs with rl whatsoever.  The
:intel 10/100 however, seems to drop more packets than
:the rl, and you must pay twice the $$$ to find that
:out for yourself.

I have a couple of these cards.  (The machine I'm using has one, even.)  I
can only get ~3MB/sec NFS transfers over my 100BT full-duplex ethernet.  With
an Intel card, I get more than twice that.  It does work in all the modes
it's supposed to, it's cheap, and widely available.  If all you're going to
do with it is talk to a DSL or cable modem, it works fine.  I'd never put
one in something needing a really fast network connection.

David
--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.