Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:59:00 +0200
From:      john smith <florence44638@caliopea.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: raspberry pi rev B : no luck booting..

Le 29/09/2013 15:48, George Rosamond a écrit :

> Hey John.
>
> It should boot fine.
yes, it should ;-)

> I would do a couple of things:
>
> First, try watching it boot with video out connected and see what
> happens and where it's borking.
still no luck with: composite only, hdmi, no video
I tried too: without keyboard and no ethernet pluggued, same thing...

> Second, look at the device slices and make sure /boot/msdos is there
> with the standard txt files that RPi needs.
they are all there, (to reply to Diane Bruce also) I made my dd with
dd if='any image' of=/dev/da0 bs=1M

(the same as what had been done with rasbian & riscos, witch were
working fine)
hosts running dd are a fresh 9.2-PRERELEASE, an old 8.3-stable
The sha256 signature (of my last image) was ok.

Glabel shows the msdos & ufs slices ..

All give the same result: the short "act" blink whenever a freebsd SD
card is inserted....

> I haven't used Tom K's images in a while, but I would assume they are fine.
I think they are all fine but not with my board... is the serial on GPIO
will say something if I buy an adaptater ? , or is the boot desperetly
blind, until an OS is booted ?
I've seen quite nothing about serial debug...

A+	JS.