Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:18:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        walton@nordicrecords.com, Nick Sayer <nsayer@freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whither makefiles for src/crypto/telnet/* ?

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 23:42:48 MST, "Dave Walton" wrote:
>
> > If you really want to work on an encrypted telnet, check out The
> > Stanford SRP Authentication Project (http://srp.stanford.edu/srp/).
> > I'd love to see SRP integrated into the FreeBSD telnet/telnetd.
>
> Cool, another non-exportable system available to US users only. :-)

Not true: SRP used for authentication only does exponentiation and modulo
operation on large integers..no cryptographic primitives, so it's freely
exportable. The SRP distribution does also contain code which encrypts the
data stream after authentication, which is restricted from export, but on
the other hand it's also not hard to put back.

Kris