Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 10:33:49 +0000
From:      Herb Miner <Herb@Miner.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Windows Manaager Install Difficulty

I am trying to install a new windows manager on my system.
I have freebsd 3.1 (from wccdrom) and currently have
xfree86 installed with twm.

I first tried to install /ports/afterstep-stable. The install went ok,
but
when I tried to run /usr/X11R6/bin/afterstep, I received an
error message (can't recall the exact details, but something like)
/usr/libexec/libpng??.so.1: Shared object ?? not found

So I uninstalled it and tried to install wmaker..

Again, when I run /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker, I receive the following
error

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libwraster.so.1" not found.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this going.

Also, me being far from knoweldgable on the subject, can someone
tell me which wm, of the two, is the most user friendly and why I should

choose one over the other.

Thanks
Jim Freeze
jim@freeze.org