Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:20:02 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        kramer@centtech.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Atheros 802.11N

Kevin Kramer wrote:
> meant to also say specifically mini-pci express
>

> Kevin Kramer wrote the following on 08/20/07 08:50:
>> anyone bought one that works well with 6.2 or 7.0? Can you also tell
>> me what you bought?
>>
>> thanks

There is 11n support in net80211 in HEAD but no drivers to hookup.
There may be support for using Atheros parts without tx aggregarion
before the end of the year but that will require a fair amount of work.
Operation with legacy tx rates should be usable now (according to
reports) w/ the 0.9.30.3 hal at http://www.freebsd.org/~sam.

I expect good 11n support to come first for Marvell and Intel parts.

    Sam