Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 15:39:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
To:        Bruno LEVY <Bruno.Levy@steria.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free BSD

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Bruno LEVY wrote:

> I have a DiskOnChip of 32 MB and need a UNIX environment to run 3 small
> programmes communicating through sockets.
>
> Does Pico BSD does it ?

Yes.. but it might be overkill. A simple stripped down install would
propably do just as well.

> Does it do multithreaded ?

Yes.

> How much space does it need on disk and RAM ?

That 32Mb is fine. Expect at least 4Mb if not 8 Mb to do something
usefull. Smaller than that and you propably end up using some rom dos or
something similar.

> I also have an EPROM of 8MB, can I use it ?

It would need a small driver. I am not sure those exist. I am not aware of
any.

> Can it access RS 232 interface ?

Yes.