Date:      Wed, 07 Feb 1996 06:37:35 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TERRY patches..

>I think we would gain more by leaving the existing code   "As IS"
>and inserting 4-line comment groups every clause, explaining what's going on..
>I think 'cosmetic reworks' should be avoided, as it tends to:
>1/ make it harder to merge/compare code
>2/ obfuscate the real nature of the change.

   Please _don't_ commit the changes in their current form. At this particular
point in time, cosmetic changes in the FS area must be avoided at all costs.
>From a purely architectural standpoint, many of Terry's personal-taste/style
changes are very inappropriate. After all, it is us (me in particular :-)) that
will have to maintain this stuff in the years ahead. I'm not interested in
debating this.
   I don't have any time to review the changes right now. I'm headed to the
airport shortly for a meeting in San Francisco and I might be gone for several
days if we decide to move wcarchive to a new location.

-DG

David Greenman
Core Team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project