Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 12:57:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Beattie <beattie@aracnet.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CMOS clock won't do 2000

I have an older 486 system, running 3.4R that has a cmos clock that seems
to be unwilling to accept years out side the range 94-99.  The bios seems
willing to set dates between 1994-2099, but after reboot any year not
between 94-99 is converted to {20,19}94.

What I have done is to go into i386/isa/clock.c and in the routines
inittodr, resettodr, is to add 6 to and subtract 6 from the years
respectively.  I was wondering if anybody had any better ideas.

Brian Beattie            | The only problem with
beattie@aracnet.com      | winning the rat race ...
www.aracnet.com/~beattie | in the end you're still a rat