Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:19:02 +0900
From:      Alexey Kuzmin <alchie@makon.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount_smbfs

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 05:16:25 -0600
"William M. Grim" <wgrim@siue.edu> wrote:

> First off, Samba can not authenticate with modern Windows computers
> using clear text passwords.  Also, if you are trying to connect to a
> computer that needs a username, bobbyjoe, then I doubt you want your
> username in /etc/nsmb.conf to be root.

i'm running 4.5-stable on both boxes (my and //SERVER) with sambas 2.2.3a
user 'root' is valid and as i said i can mount shares by hand, but not in
unattended mode ):

> Again, I think that perhaps the authentication error comes from either
> the username being root, the password not being set to encrypted, or a
> combination of the two.

i've just tried to use another valid login

fstab: => //user@SERVER/share
nsmb.conf:
username => user
password => user's_plain_password