Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2000 22:46:39 -0500
From:      "Tom Lemaire" <tlemaire@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Question on udma66 support

I am attempting to install FreeBSD 3.3 on my PC without much success.  (At
boot time I get "panic: cannot mount root", and when I try to run fdisk from
the CD configuaration menu it says I have no hard disk. (I am using the
Walnut Creek distribution disks)).  I suspect that the problem is caused by
my hard disk controller, which is a udma66 controller on an Abit BP6
motherboard (with a Celeron 466 processor).  I saw a posting on a newsgroup
that says this controller is planned to be supported in 4.0.  Do you know if
this is true?  If so, do you know when a "stable" version of 4.0 might be
available?

Thank you for your help.
Tom Lemaire