Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:35:10 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: trying to get java working in opera 7.23

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 11:48:58PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> I tried to get the native java (diablo-jre-1.3.1.0) working with
> Opera 7.23.
>
> To fix the two undefined symbols I use:
>
> 	LD_PRELOAD="${OPERA_JAVA_DIR}/classic/libjvm.so:${OPERA_JAVA_DIR}/green_threads/libhpi.so"
>
> But that just gives me a SEGFAULT from the opera binary...
>
> Anyone managed to crack this nut ?
>
> I have opened a case with Opera about this too.

There have been a number of posts about people trying to get the plugin
working with Opera, but no successful reports I'm aware of.  I'm not sure
exactly what Opera is doing differently, as things seem to work fine with
Mozilla.

Does the debugging version of the plugin (libjavaplugin_oji_g.so) provide
any details about the segfault?  Try setting JAVA_PLUGIN_TRACE or
JAVA_PLUGIN_DEBUG as well.  I can't quite recall which of these does what,
but hopefully they will show something :).

How does one actually configure the Java plugin in Opera?  Maybe I can
help track things down.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org