Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 07:03:54 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        max@sfc.wide.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: teTeX port broken?

From: Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject: teTeX port broken?
Date: 10 May 1996 22:40:45 +0200

> Does the teTeX port work?  I get
>
> Checksums OK.
> ===>  Extracting for teTeX-0.3.3
> ===>  teTeX-0.3.3 depends on executable: gmake - found
> /usr/bin/tar: Could not create directory teTeX : Permission denied
> /usr/bin/tar: Could not create directory teTeX/texmf : No such file or directory
> /usr/bin/tar: Could not create directory teTeX/texmf/lists : No such file or dir
> ectory

     I don't know if the port works OK.  But from what you got, it is
not the problem with the port itself.  Obviously, it is happening as
you don't have write permission in the current directory.
     So, try make as root, or become root and do chmod 777 . and do
make as a non-super-user.

          Masafumi NAKANE, Keio Univ., Dept. of Environmental Information
E-Mail : t94303mn@sfc.keio.ac.jp / max@sfc.wide.ad.jp
[URL] :  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~t94303mn