Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:33:47 +0200
From:      Johann Hugo <jhugo@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_ndis kernel crashing

On Sunday 27 June 2004 23:31, Matt Douhan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using if_ndis to get wlan support for my broadcom chipset wireless
> card, since 3 days trying to build a new kernel it panics after if_ndis is
> installed.

I've had a similar experience, but with a ndis driver for an atheros wifi
card. If the kld's (ndis + if_ndis) are loaded from /boot/loader.conf is
crashes every time I boots up.

If I do a normal boot (without loader.conf) and then do a kldload ndis +
if_ndis by hand then it works fine.

Kernel = 5-20040625-CURRENT

Johann