Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 1997 13:05:46 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sun Workshop compiler vs. GCC? (fwd)

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Thomas David Rivers wrote:

> > UnixWare:  Haven't had opportunity to use, but it's by all accounts the
> > fastest database server on x86 by far.
>
>  Hmmm... what database would that be? Can FreeBSD run it?  (just curious)

It seems to alternate between Oracle and Sybase.  I think Sybase is the
current leader.

What's more interesting is the monstrosity of the hardware they use, a 4
CPU Compaq ProLiant with a 1GB of RAM and 72 2GB drives on multiple
hardware disk arrays.  The under $1,000,000 category ;-).

NT on the same hardware loses 6000 something to 8000 something on the
TCP/C benchmark.

I heard that there was a FreeBSD driver for the Compaq Intelligent Drive
Array somewhere, but how many of us have such a machine to test it on?

Regards,

Mike Hancock