Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 09:50:45 -0500
From:      Dave  Bender <bendede@startribune.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'Theresa Fienen'" <fienen@horizon.hit.net>
Subject:   RE: freeBSD

Probably too late to offer this suggestion, but when you're learning brain surgery you might try it on a cadaver first. That is, avoid messing with a critical system (your Win95 machine) with an operating system that's brand new to you.

I'm not sure of a way out of this, but you might fire up /stand/sysinstall, go to Fdisk (the disk slice editor), "q" to quit past the first screen without any changes, then, the next screen choose to install the BootMgr. That sticks something or other in a critical part of your hard drive and lets you boot to different operating systems. Hit F1 on that screen for more details.

Keep in mind, I'm still a beginner, too, so if I don't have something right, well, such is life.