Date:      Sun, 22 May 2005 14:46:22 +0000
From:      "Nathan Mace" <nmace@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Syntax Error in Kernel

I'm trying to add support for my Palm to my Freebsd 5-Stable box.  I have f=
ound the following web page which describes what kernel options need to b=
e present.

http://www.thedotin.net/maillists/coldsync-hackers/msg01954.html

It lists the following options has being required.

pseudo-device   ppp     1       # Kernel PPP
pseudo-device   tun             # Packet tunnel.
device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
device          uvisor
device          ucom

However when I run "config" on my kernel, I get a syntax error on the line =
that adds "ppp".  Anyone hav any ideas as to why this might be happening?=
  Thanks.

Nathan