Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2014 20:59:16 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        "freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org" <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: USB kills VMs on 4.3.18

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> In article <CAN6yY1s36=Xmghq_jGbY5p321ef_tv6PsnRCBgvva=
> OX8jXDhA@mail.gmail.com> you write:
> >Sine the upgrade to VB 4.3.18 plugging in my Logitech Harmony control into
> >the USB port of my laptop causes the VM to abort instantly. It will not
> >even start ot boot up until I unplug the device. The device is reserved
> for
> >VB and has worked fine in the past.
> >
> >Looks like some sort of regression.Since the VM dies instantly and block
> it
> >from rebooting, I'm not to sure how to get any debug information on it.
> >
> >FreeBSD rogue 10.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 10.1-PRERELEASE #0 r273452: Tue Oct
> >21 23:00:15 PDT 2014     root@rogue:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
> >

>  I don't know about this particular vbox issue but since you said
> Logitech Harmony, maybe this helps?
>
>         http://www.freshports.org/comms/congruity
>
>  Cheers,
>         Juergen

Juergen,

Thanks! I had not seen this port and will install it and see how it does.

I'm still concerned about USB and VB. Since it would not even boot with the
control plugged in, I don't see how it could be specific to the Harmony.
and I do use other USB devices now and then.

Thanks again!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com