Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2014 12:24:21 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Francois Tigeot" <ftigeot@wolfpond.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-scsi <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Data corruption with the mfi(4) driver

----- Original Message -----
From: "Francois Tigeot" <ftigeot@wolfpond.org>

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:20:38AM +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:
>>
>> There was known corruption issues but these where fixed long ago so would
>> be good to confirm the details of what you where running and the HW when you
>> had the issue.
>
> What changes would that be ?
>
> FreeBSD 10 is impacted and the last changes in the mfi driver I see are from
> September 2013 ("Add PCI device ID for MegaRAID Invader cards.")

To be explicit FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE would be uneffected by the corruption
bugs we fixed, however there has been at least one fix / enhancement that I'm
aware of since 10's release for later cards.

The key thing to determine here are precise factors of the corruption your
seeing as it looks like there is some mixing up of issues

Given this could you confirm:-
1. Hardware
1.1. LSI card / generation
1.2. Disks