Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:01:18 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        "Rich O." <ttor@tznet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PWS 433au FreeBSD 5.3

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 06:59:16PM -0600, Rich O. wrote..

> Hello,
>
> 	I was just wondering if there's anyway that I can get a tga/tga2
> driver to work with my personal workstation on FreeBSD 5.3. It worked fine
> in 5.2.1, I assume the tga driver was pulled between these releases? It's
> the only video card I have available for this machine.

It was indeed pulled because it tended to cause machine crashes, and
none of the developers felt like trying to figure that out and/or
had the hardware to do so.

> 	Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or I suppose even a video
> card recommendation that would be known to work with the PWS 433au and
> FreeBSD 5.3.

An old Matrox Millenium II served me wel.  But I also used various
no-name S3 cards successfully.  No longer have a PWS myself.

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko@FreeBSD.org