Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:14:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: break in libcrypto?

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Robert Watson wrote:
>
> > A further data point: I was building with a -j, so maybe there's a
> > dependency mixup with the beforedepend target?  If I manually cd to the
> > directory and do a make beforedepend, things continue naturally from
> > there.
>
> What value of -j? I've built fine with -j4 and -j8, but this says that the
> depend target hadn't run before the all target did. Did you 'make depend'
> before building?

Nope -- my make was in the top level /usr/src tree, in the form of ``make
-j 3 all''.  It was only after the build failed that I cd'd to the
directory, looked around, and did a make beforedepend to generate the
missing include file.  I don't know that much about the current build
infrastructure--was just following Poul's building instructions from
jail(8).

  Robert N M Watson