Date:      Thu, 4 May 1995 07:40:05 -0400
From:      Gene Stark <gene@starkhome.cs.sunysb.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   IIJ PPP

I finally got around to playing with /usr/sbin/ppp.  (I have been using
pppd for over a year.)  In my first attempts, I tried to dial manually,
but as soon as carrier is established, a hangup occurs immediately.
Does anyone who is currently using /usr/sbin/ppp know why that is and
what the fix is?  I am hoping to save myself several hours of pawing
through the sources and introducing debugging printout.
My modem is a USR sportster 14.4K external.

In responding, please bear in mind that I am already using pppd,
so my modem is properly configured, etc., etc.  Thanks!

							- Gene Stark